Saturday, October 17, 2009

Oh look! I have a blog!

Well, look at that... It's been two and a half months since I posted! We were out of town for the entire month of August, then Allison started preschool, and the weeks just kept slipping by. But I'm back, and I'll be trying to post regularly, mainly to help me remember what I've done.

Here are a few projects I've done during my blogging absence.

Allison's first day of school was exciting for all of us. I made her a new dress with matching hair clip. I was really happy with it, and I'm glad she got to wear it once before winter decided to come to Wisconsin 2 months early!


I managed to get my Melly & Me Flower Garden bag finished before our trip, and I absolutely love it! I used Denyse Schmidt's County Fair Canvas, one of my favorite lines. Incidentally, that line is on sale for an incredible $2.99 a yard at fabric.com right now. That is a ridiculously good deal on 54" home dec weight fabric.
I made a Rocket Man for a little man's first birthday. This was so much fun to make, and I think the recipient was pleased. I had fun taking the little egg man in and out of his seat!

I participated in a couple of swaps and the girls got these ADORABLE dresses from one of my swap partners. These have become instant favorites and are worn ALL the time! And I got the most beautiful bag- The front panel is made from one of my all time favorite woven baby carriers, so it's a wonderful gift now that my babywearing days are winding down.
I love "cheater" quilt fabric- I found these fat quarters of sort of vintage looking patchwork, and decided to try another quilt top. Of course, it remains just a quilt top, because I still have a fear of binding.
That's all for now! There have been other projects, and I am currently working on Allison's Halloween costume, a few flannel nightgowns, and then I am going to tackle a dress for myself!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting!!!