Thursday, January 21, 2010

I love the crafting community!

First of all, I have to send out MAJOR kudos to the folks at Craft Hope. As of this morning, the Craft Hope for Haiti shop has raised... are you ready for this? More than $20,000. All through donations. In less than 4 days. That is incredible. More than 1300 items have been donated, ranging from soap to clothing to bags to quilts to jewelry and everything in between. Absolutely incredible. There's still lots to choose from, check it out by clicking the Craft Hope button over there ------->

I love how the crafting community feels so small. Looking through the Craft Hope donations I saw so many crafters I recognized because I follow their blog or have admired their work somewhere. And today, while feeling all warm and fuzzy about this small world, a prize I won in a giveaway arrived! Confessions of a Sewing Dork offered up this adorable dress a couple of weeks ago- It's so cute and would fit both of my girls, so I entered and I won! It arrived today and looks incredibly cute on my big girl. The little girl hasn't tried it yet but I know it will be lovely on her, too!


I also wanted to share something I made for ME this week. It's the Sew Liberated Schoolhouse Tunic in a linen blend. I made the shirt version and I LOVE it! I am debating whether it needs some trim or something to jazz it up, but I think I need something simple like this in my wardrobe- I can jazz it up with jewelry and a fun skirt! It has two pleats in the front and one in back and is so comfy! It's obviously made to wear a camisole or tank underneath- Which is great for me because I always layer my shirts and I have TONS of tanks in every color imaginable.

I am planning to make another one with my hoarded stash of Amy Butler's pink coriander. It looks better on a person than it does on a hanger, but I hate having my picture taken. So for now, this will have to do!

My big girl turns 5 this Saturday, so we are off to order a birthday cake! Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

Thanks so much for visiting!!!