Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day!

I hope you had a great day with your loved ones and that there was plenty of chocolate involved! I had a lot of fun with my hubby, my girls, and my in-laws and adorable niece. I even got some sewing time in. My husband conquered his fear of fabric stores and bought me a gift card to Joann... Even though we said we weren't getting each other gifts and I had nothing but a little bag of candy for him! I'm making a list of Simplicity patterns so I can catch the last day of the $1 sale tomorrow- Have a favorite bag, skirt, or little girl pattern? I'd love to hear about it.

Today I made eight pillowcases for the One Million Pillowcase Challenge. I used one of the free patterns on the challenge website, and I figured out after the first few that it was much faster to go in assembly line fashion. I got it down to about 15 minutes per pillowcase. I have to admit, all the straight lines and repetition got a little boring, but it's a good cause and I think the cases are really cute! I'll drop them off at Stitcher's Crossing tomorrow. Last time I was there they had just gotten Denyse Schmidt's Hope Valley in stock, so maybe I'll pick myself up a little reward while I'm there!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! That's great! One of my LQS' is a drop-off point but I haven't made any yet, maybe I should!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting!!!