Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Butterick 5319- A dress for me!

I finished this dress a few months ago, and kept waiting for a chance to get decent pictures of it before I posted.  Well, that's just not going to happen!  And soon it will be WAY too cold here in Wisconsin to put this dress on, even for a moment for pictures.  So I'm just going to go with what I've got!

It's Butterick 5319 in a linen blend.  I wore it to my cousin's wedding and it was cool and comfy all night, even while chasing my wild girls all over the dance floor!

Here's most of the dress, you can see I added a band to the bottom to add some length.  I left off the pockets and I wish I'd bitten the bullet and made them work, it would have been handy to have a place for my camera.

Dress

If you want to see more, I've got a horribly lit, fingerprints on the lens thanks to my kids picture here

Speaking of my girls, I just cannot resist sharing these pictures.  I didn't make these dresses (I ran out of time after making my own dress!), and I didn't take these pictures (my cousin did, aren't they great??).

3 comments:

  1. I love your dress! Great pictures of the girls too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dress came out beautiful. I have pattern phobia and can't even think of cutting out all that fine flimsy patterns, way ta go you. LOL, about the finger prints on the camera. My kids know not to touch the camera. When I put it down they hover around it and look through the lens from a couple inches away, it's too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful dress, Leigh! The band at the bottom is a great detail.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting!!!