Wednesday, March 2, 2011

February Bag for Style Stitches Challenge!

I finished this bag WAY back at the beginning of February but never blogged it!  It's Amy Butler's Reversible Everyday Shopper from the Style Stitches book.  The fabric is from Ikea and the bag has already traveled to Hawaii... sadly, not with me.  This was a gift for my friend Joyce who was lucky enough to escape winter for a few days. 


The inside is the same fabrics in reverse.  I like the nice big pockets, I was thinking she could use it for her larger knitting projects and keep a magazine or pattern book in the pocket!

I made one of these as a Christmas gift as well, for my father in law's wife.  She's a 2nd grade teacher- I come from a family of teachers and one thing I know for sure is that teachers make good use of lots of big bags!  I love this pattern, the cutting takes a while but it goes together in a snap.  One of these days I'll  have to make one for myself!

Next up in the Style Stitches Monthly Bag Challenge is the Origami Bag- a collection of zippered pouches in a range of sizes.  Fun!

1 comment:

  1. I love my bag! It will be coming along with me to knit night tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting!!!