Friday, January 14, 2011

Quiltalongs, Swaps, and Gifts! Oh my!

I am definitely starting the new year off with a sewing bang!   It's time for another "Put it all in one place before you forget something" list!

Doll Quilt Swap- Waiting on partner info, should have it this weekend!
Mug Rug Swap- I have a potential mug rug pieced and partly basted, if the quilting goes well I might be good to go!
Make Mine Modern- Sign-ups just closed and I'll find out later today if I got a spot!
Pixies- This is a swap among my mommy friends, some crafty, some not.  This time we're sending little gifties over a 4 month period rather than one larger package. Fun!

Plus, I'm doing the Style Stitches Monthly Bag Challenge, hosted by JemJam, I'm really intrigued by IronCraft and would love to play along with that.  I just joined the group for Don't Call Me Betsy's Sliced Coins Quilt Along.  I'm planning to make three (three!) baby boy quilts in that style for three friends who are welcoming new sons in the next few months!  I really wanted to do the Modern Quilt Guild's Project Modern Monochromatic Challenge, I even pulled fabric for it, but it's getting pushed pretty low down the priority list!

I have two more Christmas gifts to make, probably a bag and a table runner.  And a friend of mine is designing a logo for me for the Madison Modern Quilt Guild, so I am going to make something for him in exchange- Not sure what yet but I've got to keep that on the radar.  I am making two little video game totes for my friend Joyce's kiddos. In exchange she made me some AWESOME knitted stuff- There are a couple of sneak previews here.  I LOVE chunky yarn and look at those amazing colors!




I've got a couple of other one on one crafty swaps percolating, and I have an inkling of an idea for an Etsy shop that I need to get moving on...  I think I should change the name of my blog to "Absolutely NO Sleepytime!"  Whew!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, you are going to be one busy girl! All very fun stuff to be busy with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Terri! I'm definitely impressed by all of your sewing commitments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you're going to be busy! I need to make myself a list too and find some time to sew!

    I'm in a mug rug swap, but am awaiting my partner, so I know what they want. =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting!!!