Monday, November 8, 2010

Belly Button Pillow

As lots of us crafty types do, I like to give hand made gifts for the holidays.  I have a list as long as my arm of plans and ideas, but very little actual work done!  I also have a couple of swaps going on, and some sewing I'm doing for my local animal shelter.  On Friday night the girls went to bed easily, hubby fell asleep early so we weren't able to catch up on our DVR'd shows and suddenly I found myself with the whole night ahead of me to sew without interruption!  So what did I do?  I started a completely new project, unrelated to any of the sewing I "need" to work on! 

Here's the new project and I am SO in love with it!


The tutorial is from Alexandra at a-squared(w) and I stumbled upon it while doing research for the Pillow Talk {Swap}.  I dug through the scrap bins for fall colors, cut it out and had it together in no time!  I stuffed it and closed it while watching football on Sunday and now it's in its place on the couch.  I really love it!  I needed a fun project like this to get my sewing mojo back, so thank you Alexandra!

I'm adding this to Amy's "Sew and Tell" for this week!

13 comments:

  1. Wow, awesome! Your pillow looks gorgeous...thanks so much for sharing the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is absolutely adorable!!! LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I here you about getting your mojo... it sometimes gets in a funk. Love love love that cushion! It looks complex but from the sounds of it, seems really easy. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool! I also have the long list of projects for other people. But it sure is fun to finish something for ourselves once in a while :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is awesome! You picked some great colors and fabrics. I can see why you love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how cute!!
    You did a super job!
    Sincerely - Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute idea! Love your colors, I love it too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is Great! I love it! I think I am going to have to make a couple for my couch.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh wow! This is beautiful! I love the Autumn colors, too, and thanks so much for sharing the tutorial. I think the best part of your post though is that you had an unexpected evening by yourself to sew for fun! How nice was that? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is adorable! Love it. The colors are great, lots of wonderful prints in there!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great project to share with us! Love the fabrics that you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the fabrics you chose! Great project!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting!!!