Sunday, November 14, 2010

Books Books Books

So many fantastic sewing and quilting books have come out in the last few months, and so many more are coming out soon!  Here are just a few I've got my eye on.  Got any suggestions for others I need to add to the list?

The Practical Guide to Patchwork: New Basics for the Modern Quiltmaker from Elizabeth Hartman of Oh, Fransson is at the very tippy top of my list.  Amazon has an extensive "look inside" option for this book and I want to make EVERYTHING in it!  Reviews are beginning to pop up in blog land, and it has all 5-star reviews on Amazon.  And if you've seen Elizabeth's work, this is not surprising at all, she is amazing.  I cannot WAIT to get my hands on this one!

  Amy Ellis' Modern Basics: Easy Quilts to Fit Your Budget, Space, and Style is due out in February.  The words modern, easy, and budget put this one on my list before I even made the connection that it's by the Amy's Creative Side Amy, host of the Blogger's Quilt Festival!  She does beautiful work, and this book looks to be chock full of fun, easy quilts that will be great for skill-building and gift-making!

Fresh Quilting: Fearless Color, Design, and Inspiration by Malka Dubawsky is due out in just a few weeks. This is another one that just grabbed me with it's fun projects, gorgeous pictures and an author with a fantastic blog- A Stitch in Dye.  I love that this one goes beyond quilt patterns to include a neck warmer, sewing machine cover, pillows, totes and lots of others.  Beautiful!


And while you're working on holiday gift lists, check out this adorable and handy wish list printable from allsorts!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting!!!