Thursday, July 2, 2009

Embellishment Fail

I was so happy with my successful bib applique, I decided to embellish a favorite t-shirt that had a few small holes near the bottom. I carefully cut a couple of flowers out of fabric, ironed them on, used a nice tight satin stitch so it would be really, really secure. I used a pretty variegated thread and was very pleased with the result. I held it up to see the finished product and... Found that I'd done the entire thing on the INSIDE of the t-shirt! Le sigh. It was really just so ridiculous I couldn't even be mad at myself. There's no way my seam ripper could get all those stitches out without destroying the shirt (it's a really thin knit). So maybe it's time to cut the whole thing off and try reverse applique!

funny pictures of cats with captions

1 comment:

  1. Awww! I feel bad for you, yet at the same time-thank you for the laugh. I've been there though and got totally pissed off at myself.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting!!!