Thursday, July 16, 2009

Vote for Me!

Didymos, a German company that makes gorgeous woven baby carriers and other textiles, is sponsoring a contest for crafts made using scraps of their fabrics! People have been doing incredible things with leftover bits of wraps for ages, and I think it's really cool that Didy has decided to acknowledge that creativity! There are two prizes- gorgeous limited edition wraps.

My entry is this skirt:

You get ten votes, and some of my friends have entered too- So if you need help deciding who to vote for, might I make a couple of suggestions?

Jessi of Bratsacks made this amazing bag. She often uses Didy scraps in her work, and her bags are always stunning! Allison and Lizzie both have backpacks from Bratsacks, and we love them!


Julia of NuggleMe made this gorgeous Podaegi baby carrier. She has two other entries as well, check out her blog to see them!


Jaime of My Loose Threads made this adorable teething/knot doll out of one of my favorite underappreciated Didymos weaves.


And these teething giraffes come from Suzi at StarbrightBaby. I (um, I mean the girls) have two of these and they are SO well made and adorable! I know Suzi through thebabywearer.com and I was so excited to stumble upon her giraffes listed as a "must have" in a parenting magazine in the doctor's office waiting room recently! Go Suzi!!!


I have to add one more! These cupcakes by Sandra are modeled after the Didymos weave "Pfau." How cool is that???



Go Vote!!!

It's in German, but don't be scared- Just click the check boxes by the items you want to vote for, then click "Wahlschein Abgeben" at the bottom of the page.



1 comment:

  1. adorable skirt! Thanks for stopping by Spring Bean and commenting on my daughers new outfit. I love the name of your blog. It reminds me of how I used to stay up till the wee hours of the morning sewing when I was a new mom.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for visiting!!!