Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Wow! Wednesday

This week's "Wow!" is one of the first things I ever put in my "Sewing" bookmarks folder, lo those many months ago.

10-Minute Trousers from MadeByPetchy were among the very first sewing projects I did last Fall when I started sewing in earnest. They are endlessly customizable, really easy, and you get to practice a lot of good skills that are applicable in all kinds of projects!

The first pair I made ended up being low riders- Lesson learned about seam allowances! Here's Lizzie, reminding me how many minutes these pants are supposed to take.


Here is the second pair I made- They are two layers of flannel, so they're SUPER warm. I am part embarrassed and part proud when I look at these pictures- Embarrassed at all the careless errors I made, but proud of how much my sewing has improved since then!


These were both made with flannel, but looking back at these pictures has inspired me to make a few more pairs in a summer weight. Maybe now I'll finish them in closer to the suggested ten minutes, as opposed to the several hours these two pairs took!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting!!!