Friday, July 24, 2009

To Do To Do To Do

I've been trying to keep a mental list of all the projects I want to do sooner rather than later, and I knew there were lots- but everytime I get some time to sew, I can't think of anything to work on! So I decided I needed a hard list, and WHOA! A little out of hand, methinks.

  • The girls' bathroom curtain. I've got the fabric and the curtain rod, but I love the fabric so much I'm thinking of attempting a roman shade to show it off better!
  • Pez blanket for my cousin's baby, due in August. His wife collects Pez dispensers, so when I saw this fabric I knew it was perfect. I got a minkee remnant and I want to make a taggie blanket, but I'm so intimidated by the minkee! I've heard horror stories.
  • I want to make myself another Barcelona skirt before we have company next week.
  • I've got 2 quilt tops that need to be quilted and bound, and one that the binding is started but not finished. I think these will sit on the list for a while until I find a walking foot for my machine.
  • If my Black Forest Bag pattern arrives in time, I want to make a bag for my 3-week trip to the east coast. We leave August 8, so this is looking unlikely. I think I might make another McCall's 5944 in the meantime.
  • I need to repair one of the handles on that bag I just mentioned... And add one more note about something I'll change in the pattern instructions for next time!
  • Curtain for the 1/2 bath. No fabric chosen yet, have to get the husband to decide if he wants to paint it or not.
  • Curtain for master bath- Same issue as 1/2 bath!
  • Sewing Machine Cover. Got the fabric, just need the motivation. Would really like to get this done before I have to leave my machine unattended for nearly a month.
  • Fix my Sew Mama Sew Spring Ruffle Top. It is WAY unflattering but I used fabric I love so I want to try to salvage it.
  • A notepad/colored pencil wallet for Allison for the aforementioned FIFTEEN HOUR drive from here to my mom's house.
  • Appliqued Yo Gabba Gabba shirts for my friend Joyce's kids (the one who made the pigtail hat I posted about). She's so sweet and has made so many great things for my kids, I really owe her. She's moving in mid-September and has asked me not to send anything before then, so I have a little time on these.
  • This doesn't even mention the million and a half tutes I have bookmarked for "someday."
AAAACK! That's out of control. Wow.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting!!!