Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Tools for Tuesday- Pin Cushions

Pin cushions are one of those little sewing necessities with endless possibilities. Everyone starts out with one of these, right?
That's what my mom used, and I have somehow ended up with 2 or 3 of them myself. But there are SO many cute pin cushions out there, it's definitely time to branch out.

I love the idea of the magnetic pin holder- You can wave it over your sewing area to make sure any fallen stragglers aren't lying in wait for bare feet.

I love the idea of a wrist pin cushion. I am forever running back and forth from the sewing machine to the ironing board (where I lay things out and pin them) because I've left the pin cushion behind.

I have made several of these bottle cap pin cushions and I love them! They are a great size to throw in the sewing basket to take to sewing class, they are endlessly customizable, and they don't take long- I love instant gratification projects! Here are three that I made- The purple one was my first, and then I did the mushroom and then the eyeball. The eyeball simultaneously cracks me up and freaks me out.



I have Anna Maria Horner's Seams To Me on my wish list, and when I get it the first thing I'm going to make is this handy pin cushion. So cute!!! Someday when I have a nice big table in my sewing area, I know this will be great to have!

And lastly, here's a list of 46 Free Pin Cushion Patterns!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for visiting!!!